Monday, February 16, 2009

Programs Need More FURI

I'm writing this blog as a way to capture my thoughts in an organized way. If you want to follow what I'm thinking about you are welcome. FURI stands for Focus, Urgency, Reach, and Impact. For years I have worked in the delivery of programs funded, either by generous donations from private citizens or by taxes. I believe that these are both appropriate ways for some programs to be funded. On the other hand I see much too much waste in the delivery of these programs. FURI came out of my experiences with the wasteful programs. They make me mad. I believe there is a solution and that is to be sure that all programs have Focus, Urgency, Reach, and Impact. This blog will explore my experiences in moving in that direction. It is not and will not be a straight and narrow journey. It is a worthy destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment