Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Media Friends

I made a new friend this week. We connected several times by Twitter, e-mail, and phone. Whats really exceptional is it looks like we can help each other out. I can give her an opportunity to stretch herself with some new challenges and she can push me to get back here to my blog and to writing longer posts. Her name is Becky and you can Tweet her at @LeaderTalk.

Becky reminded me how important we can be to each other...even when our friendship is different today than it would have been a few years ago. The value of proximity has changed in the determination of trust. We get to "know" the mettle of people by our interactions - even if those interactions aren't face-to-face. As a Twitter follower of Becky I learned what she feels is important, some of the people whose ideas and opinions she values, and how consistent she is... I learned to trust her. That led me to invite Becky to present at a conference I facilitate.

In turn, after a lengthy phone conversation Becky gently nudged me to get back to this blog and perhaps be a bit more original in my posts. I'm actually eager to accept her challenge.

I love new media...and now, I love my new media friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment